What does career development mean?
At University Center, we want to empower our students to actively explore their options, build sustainable connections and apply their knowledge to real-life experiences.
What does the career development office do?
- We provide the opportunity to do 1-1 exploration
- We help students discover their values, skills and purpose
- We connect students to alumni and employers
- We help students find experiential learning opportunities
- We set our students up for success after graduation
What services do we provide?
- Career exploration (FOCUS-2), 1-1 Career Advising
- Major exploration
- A&S 192: Leadership and Career Development course
- Internship assistance
- Job shadowing assistance
- Graduate school application assistance
- Mock interviews
- Career exploration nights
- Career development fair
- And more!
Where are we located & what are our hours?
Student Success Center (FADM 205)
8 AM – 5PM, Monday through Friday (by appointment by calling 605-274-9500)
Connect with us!
Below you will find additional resources and guides to help you along on your job search:
Observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - no classes/offices closed on January 21, 2019.View Details
Posted: January 18, 2019
Some students are visual, auditory or hands-on learners. Student Success Center Lab: Understanding Your Learning Style. Monday, January 28th 12 - 12:50p FADM 149.Read More