STUDENT SUCCESS CHALLENGE
STUDENT SUCCESS CHALLENGE
The University Center is YOUR space, focused on providing student-centered learning at YOUR pace. The Student Success Challenge was created to recognize and reward students for taking initiative and actively engaging in the university experience. This program is aimed at increasing student connectedness to not only university resources, but also community involvement. Gain points by utilizing various resources throughout the semester and then have an opportunity to win prizes at an end of semester auction (auction items coming soon!).
How to Earn Points:
Attend Student Success Challenge events and utilize a variety of campus and community resources. All upcoming events can be found on this page. Students can also earn points by visiting the resources listed below. The Student Success Challenge is an easy way to get involved on campus and in community and earn rewards for it! Students will receive a student planner at the first resource utilized. Staff will stamp your planner after completion of an activity for the amount allocated. You will be able to accumulate points for the duration of one semester and it are responsible for keeping track of your planner.
Visit these resources and have your student planner stamped to accumulate points. Events and resources may be added throughout duration of semester.
- New Student Orientation: 100 Points
- Scavenger Hunt: 100 Points
- Advisor Meeting: 50 Points
- Financial Aid Meeting: 50 Points
- Career Services Advising: 100 Points
- Tutoring: 25 Points
- Community Service Projects: 300 Points
- Student Advisory Group: 100 Points
- Student Club Meetings: 100 Points
- Student Success Seminars: 50 Points Click Here to Download the Seminar Series
- Community or Campus Presentations: 50 Points
- OLLI Event: 50 Points
- “Like” our Facebook Page: 25 Points
- “Like” our Instagram Page: 25 Points
- “Share” one of our posts to your personal page: 5 Points
- Hold a study peer study group in the Student Support Center: 50 Points
- Meet with your instructor during their office hours: 50 Points
- Peer Mentoring: 25 Points
Have another idea for a resource to utilize? Check with our Student Success Center Staff for approval of other resources and points determination.
Auction Rules: Be sure to bring a valid ID, Be respectful and have fun! No sharing or pooling of points. You can bid on as many items as you like. You are expected to keep track of your points and bring your Student Success Challenge Student Planner with you. We will have lists to verify your balance once you win an item. Remember, any Student Success Challenge Points not used in the semester auction will be lost FOREVER. So bid, bid, bid! Student Success Challenge points start accumulating the first day of each semester.
There will be no classes and UC offices will be closed on Native American Day.View Details
Posted: September 22, 2017
Please join us in congratulating Dr. Melody Jewell - recipient of University Center's annual Excellence in Teaching Award 2017!Read More
Fall 2017 Mid-term Deficiencies Due; instructors are required to send midterm deficiency notices on behalf of students who are at a grade below C allowing students time to take action, discuss with advisors, and talk with instructors about improvement.View Details